- Connect to your Wi-Fi network
- Download the Listen EVERYWHERE App
- Connect directly to the Listen EVERYWHERE audio
QR codes can be easily generated by multiple free programs. Listen Technologies can also provide customized QR codes to assist you in making it as easy as possible for your guests to connect to the audio.
Wi-Fi Connect QR Code
You can use a QR code to connect a smartphone or smart device directly to your Wi-Fi network for a better customer experience. This is ideal when you don’t want to advertise your network password or leave your network unsecured.
How it works:
- Prominently display signs with the QR code at your venue.
- Guests scan the QR code with the camera of their smartphone
- The QR code automatically connects to your network.
Note, once the QR code has been scanned once, the smartphone will remember the Wi-Fi network and automatically connect the next time they are at the venue.
Note, first-time users are directed to the App or Play store to download the app.
App Download QR Code
This QR code links guests to the Listen EVERYWHERE App on the App or Play Store.
How it works:
- Prominently display signs with the QR code at your venue
- Guests scan the QR code to access and download the Listen EVERYWHERE app.
- Once downloaded, they simply open the Listen EVERYWHERE app to connect to the venue server audio.
Dynamic Link QR Code
This QR code is used to make it easy for guests to download and use the app. It is also used as an alternative connection to the standard discovery method the Listen EVERYWHERE app uses to connect (mDNS), which some networks don’t support.
Note, use of this QR code requires an internet connection on the Wi-Fi network, as well as a static IP set on the LE server.
How it works:
- Guest connects to the venue’s Wi-Fi network.
- Once connected, they scan the QR code with their smartphone camera which prompts them to connect to the venue server audio. (If they already have the app installed on their device, it will automatically open and they can start listening. If the app is NOT already installed, they are directed to the App or Play stores to download.)
- Guests only need to scan this QR code the first time connecting at your venue. The Listen EVERYWHERE app automatically connects to audio channels the next time they launch the app.
Dynamic links can also be provided in URL hyperlink format which offers the same functionality as mentioned above. The hyperlink can be distributed via email or text message and guests simply tap on the link instead of scanning a QR code. This is ideal for situations when an email blast or other mass communication is being sent out prior to an event.
You can use any of the QR codes methods or a combination with Listen EVERYWHERE to make it easier for your guests to connect and listen. As an example, you can provide both the Wi-Fi Connect QR Code and the Dynamic Link QR Code. When used together guests:
- Scan the Wi-Fi Connection QR code connecting the device to the network.
- Then scan the Dynamic Link QR code to connect to the venue server audio (or download the app if they are a first-time user).
If you need additional support, please contact Listen Technologies at +1.801.233.8992 or email [email protected] .
Please fill out the form below to request customized QR codes for quick access for your guests to Listen EVERYWHERE.
Please note that this request is processed during normal business hours and could take up to 24 hours. If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected] or call +1.801.233.8992 for assistance.