BLUFFDALE, UT, June 3, 2015
— Listen Technologies Corporation
, a leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of assistive listening products for over 16 years, is offering two certification courses for contractors and system integrators in Florida around the 2015 InfoComm Show – one just before the show, on Tuesday, June 16, and the other at the show, on Wednesday, June 17.
Hearing Loop Training, Level II (Tuesday, June 16, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
One-Day Integration & Commissioning of Hearing Loop Systems (Level 2) Classes
This full day (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) course will thoroughly work through all the steps to properly install various types of hearing loop systems, including:
- An introduction to loop system principles
- Specification and design considerations of different types of loop systems, basic, advanced, and phased array
- Installation, setting up, testing, and certifying a loop system to the IEC60118-4 standard
Cost is $495 per person, per session; on-site training for companies and groups can be arranged. Contact Listen Technologies for more information. Four RU of InfoComm CTS Renewal Credits are available upon completion of this one-day Hearing Loop class and passing the final exam. NOTE: Hearing Loop Training, Level 1 is a required prerequisite.
Hearing Loop, Level II course location:
1805 Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Assistive Listening and Compliance (on site at InfoComm, Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST, room W306B)
Hearing disability is the number-one condition covered under the ADA/IBC, yet all too often whenever compliance is mentioned, we think about other disabilities. It is important to understand the compliance needs of every project, including assistive listening. This course, geared specifically toward architects, consultants and designers, provides a comprehensive overview of the legislative requirements for assistive listening. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about hearing loss, the largest disability covered under the codes, the specific types of assistive listening technologies, and other pertinent building code requirements.
Topics of discussion:
- Recent changes to compliance regulations and the legislative requirements for assistive listening systems
- Why assistive listening systems are mandatory and how the aforementioned regulations apply to every project
- The three types of assistive listening technology: Radio Frequency (RF), Infrared (IR), and Hearing Loop and why to use one vs. another
- Understanding the needs of those with hearing loss and why hearing aids are not enough in venues
This FREE course qualifies for InfoComm CTS renewal credits and AIA HSW credits. Register Here
Listen Technologies brings power and clarity to the sounds that enrich your life—by overcoming the challenges of noise, distance, and hearing loss to deliver precise and personalized audio in any setting or environment. With Listen Technologies, you can always connect to meaningful experiences that are defined by pure, focused sound. Listen Technologies solutions are used in gathering places around the world including schools, houses of worship, factories, entertainment venues, government agencies, and more. For more information on Listen Technologies watch this short video
or visit www.listentech.com
Listen Technologies is exhibiting at booth 959 at InfoComm 2015 in Orlando, FL.