When in New Orleans, try the gumbo. Visiting Philly? Cheesesteak, of course. Seattle? Try the Fish! What better way to explore a city than by sampling its culinary masterpieces?
Seattle Bites Food Tour does just that. For three hours, tourists, both vacationers and locals, experience the rich history and culture of Seattle’s famous Pike Place Market while sampling the crème de la crème.
Braden, my eight year old son, became fast friends with Anna and was by her side for most of the tour! Anna’s easy demeanor and enthusiasm made for a delightful experience. We quickly soaked up the history of the market and sampled Seattle’s finest. Here’s just a taste (pun intended) of what we tried …
- Lummi Island smoked salmon flatbread with crème fraîche and fine herbs – a culinary masterpiece!
- Fresh gourmet sausages hand-crafted by a German master butcher. Sehr Gut!
- Paris-inspired fruit and Nutella crepes by an Indonesian beauty.
- “America’s Best Clam Chowder” – just ask New England’s Chowder Hall of Fame!
- Authentic Mexican tacos or tamales made fresh from a US culinary graduate born and inspired in Mexico City!
- Decadent Alaskan king salmon, fresh and house-smoked for 12 hours by “The Cod Father”.
- Mom-inspired chicken Tikka Masala from a classically French-trained South Indian chef.
- Fresh and exotic produce of the season from our boys on “The Corner”.
- Seattle’s coffee at its best – expertly sourced, blended and roasted. Simply Seattle, simply delicious!
- Special home-made desserts using some of the world’s most unique cooking oils!