Really? Can a business sccessfully use Facebook to grow and communicate? On this blog site we had a previous conversation about social media and its impact to our society. In the post The Fad of Social Media, some truly amazing data is presented to support the notion that social media, and yes even Facebook, are serious tools to help get the word out to existing and potential customers. Take a look at this article in the New York Times: How To Market Your Business with FaceBook.
Here are some key points from the article:
- Start small and grow from there.
- Businesses can easily create a Web presence with Facebook, even if they don’t have their own Web site.
- Don’t use Facebook to sell-sell-sell. Use it to have a conversation with your customers.
- Facebook makes it so small businesses can engage in targeted marketing, that they only could have dreamed of a short time ago.
- You can create an ad, add demographic criteria and keywords, and then see how many Facebook users fall into your target audience. Then you can modify it accordingly to get the most bang for your buck.
- The Facebook ad system provides instant feedback with metrics like the number of impressions and clicks-through.
And, don’t forget to visit the ListenTech Facebook page.